Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call from 800 275 2273 claiming they're Apple Tech Support

Got a suspicious call claiming they're from Apple Tech Support. I was asked of some inquiry because they believe my phone has been hacked. I then stopped and asked in case we get disconnected; to what number I should call back? His reply was we'll simply call back but you can google our phone number. Then I asked if I can call back later because I'm at work. He then hung up without saying anything else.

So I googled this phone number and it stated they'll pretend to be Apple Tech Support but in reality its a scam? Please confirm if this is true? I want to make sure I don't dig myself into this hole if you know what I mean. Thanks.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 1:29 PM

Phishing.

The callers are criminals trying to steal your personal and financial information. Hang up on them.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply

Call from 800 275 2273 claiming they're Apple Tech Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.