Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer music and playlists from my iPhone into iTunes on a new computer?

I bought a new windows computer, loaded iTunes on it, but can't find a way to transfer my music files and playlists from my iPhone into iTunes on my new computer. Anybody know how to do this?

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 5:19 PM

See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community. There is some troubleshooting advice in there for when the library has apparently been moved correctly, but still doesn't show the expected content.

tt2

10 replies

Sep 5, 2019 2:08 PM in response to Zapato728

You can't transfer music from your iOS device to a computer; only from your computer to your iOS device. For music purchased from the iTunes store you just download it again by logging in to your Apple ID in iTunes. If you have music from other sources (MP3/4s, ripped CDs, Amazon Music, etc) you must use iTunes to import it from the original source. Alternatively, if the music exists on a different computer you can just copy the iTunes Media folder from the old computer to the new computer. You must do this with iTunes not running for it to be recognized when you launch iTunes. Here are Apple's detailed instructions-->Back up and restore your iTunes Library - Apple Support

Sep 8, 2019 6:53 AM in response to turingtest2

Your article "Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash" solved my problem. For some reason, when I copied the iTunes files initially, the iTunes Library file was missing about 1,300 songs (corrupt?). I went back to my old computer, copied the latest iTunes Library file and transferred it to my new computer again and now I have all my songs available on my new computer. Big relief! Thanks again!

Just FYI, I also had to go to the iTunes store several times to download all my purchased songs before I finally got them all.

How do I transfer music and playlists from my iPhone into iTunes on a new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.