Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using HULU as TV Provider

Hulu is listed as a supported TV provider. I have Hulu + Live TV. My assumption is that this means I can use Hulu to access e.g. History Channel app content or HGTV app content. However when I try to select Hulu (from the preset list) as my TV Provider, it says that it's temporarily unavailable.

Is Hulu supported as a TV provider? If so, why am I getting this error message? Thanks!

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 11:12 AM

5 replies

Sep 7, 2019 3:41 AM in response to foniksonik

TV providers that support single sign-on with your iOS device or Apple TV - Apple Support

This document does list Hulu as a participating provider.

Apps that support single sign-on with your iOS device or Apple TV - Apple Support

This document lists apps that can make use of the selected TV provider setting.

“Supported apps might differ between iOS and tvOS, and also based on which TV provider you use.”

Hulu should be able to tell you which other tvOS apps they support for this feature, as the 3rd party app will have to accept Hulu’s credentials/​authentication.

A service could be temporarily unavailable, but if it persists, then I suggest contacting Hulu or the 3rd party app.

Sep 7, 2019 6:23 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Did you ever get it to work? I’ve got the exact same problem. I *thought* I was signed into Hulu as my TV provider after switching from directv, but when I try to log into Hulu it says “your TV provider service is temporarily unavailable”. This is happening on my AppleTV and my iPhone (both on and off wifi). I’m logged into the Hulu app just fine so I don’t know why Apple can’t access the subscription.

Using HULU as TV Provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.