Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Music app - shuffle jumps back to first song in shuffle list every day

I am having a problem with the Music app on my iPhone XR (iOS 12.4.1). I have the app set to Shuffle through all of the songs in my library. Let's say it starts on song 1 and randomly shuffles through 20 songs over the course of a day. I can stop and restart songs during this period and the Music app will resume where it left off. However, the next day, instead of resuming where it left off on song 20, the Music app goes back to song 1. The shuffle order remains the same for songs 1 through 20. The Repeat button is not on. For the past several days, I have advanced the shuffle to where I last left off, only to have the Music app jump back again to song 1 the following day. Does anybody know how to fix this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 2:20 PM

If you closed the music app it resets it back to the beginning. You could try turning shuffle off, then turn back on. This will rearrange the song order.

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software up to date

• Close the music app
  • in Settings- General- Reset - Reset Network Settings

Restart your iOS device

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2019 2:20 PM in response to sherif144

If you closed the music app it resets it back to the beginning. You could try turning shuffle off, then turn back on. This will rearrange the song order.

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software up to date

• Close the music app
  • in Settings- General- Reset - Reset Network Settings

Restart your iOS device

iPhone Music app - shuffle jumps back to first song in shuffle list every day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.