Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange behavior of iOS 13 with Music App

Since I upgraded to iOS13 the Music App behaves improperly.

First, there seems that is always Shuffling. The Shuffle icon on music doesn’t seem different when it is selected or not when playing an Album. I have tried both standard and dark mode so there is no way to tell if it shuffle is selected or not. Skipping a song always goes to a random song before and after tapping on shuffle.

Another annoying thing is that I noticed that always repeats a song until you skip it. I first noticed on my car with CarPlay, but it is every time.

OK, OK, I will reset my iPhone (Microsoft solution for everything) and update this thread in case it gets fixed.

So far the only issue I have found on iOS13 besides hiccups with Waze which might be related with the app itself.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:43 AM

Here’s the Support Article on Repeat and shuffle music:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207230

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 20, 2019 10:59 PM in response to ITS68

After resetting the iPhone seems that is working fine now.

I've discovered that Shuffle is not a setting, it is a “Play in random order” and Play is Play in sequence of the Album. Not that intuitive. I’m not sure if this way of playing Albums was before iOS13 and I’ve just realized now that all songs were repeated.

Strange behavior of iOS 13 with Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.