Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased albums: some songs won't play despite computer being authorized.

I purchased two albums through the iTunes store on my account. I started downloading them, but some songs wouldn't download the first time around. These songs are now problem tracks that refuse to play. I keep getting the "Authorize This Computer" loop in which the song requires me to log in to authorize my computer, and when I do it tells me what I already know, that the computer is authorized. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for days now, and I am getting to my wits end. To help speed the process the troubleshooting I have tried so far:

Turned off computers User Account Notification settings, restarted computer, turned them back on. Result fail.

Deauthorized my computer, then Authorized it again. Result fail.

Deleted the trouble albums through iTunes, then redownloaded. Result was the same trouble tracks refused to download the first time and required trying again. Note again, some tracks play fine, some drop me into the Authorize loop.

Deleted the trouble albums manually by going in to the file folder on my computer for iTunes and doing it there, then redownloading. Results the same as above.

Deleted trouble albums, downloaded the whole albums again, only downloading one track at a time (as opposed to clicking the download button for whole album at once). Result was all tracks downloaded the first time around, but the same troublesome tracks dropped me into the Authorize loop while the other tracks still play just fine.

Other notes: I only have one iTunes account and only use it on one computer, so it isnt a case of multiple accounts causing problems. Also, it is not my WiFi connection.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2019 11:46 AM in response to BrianMiville

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Purchased albums: some songs won't play despite computer being authorized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.