Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Pop Ups In - Iphone XS

Was in safari browsing local city events and came across a local website. When I proceeded to the website, I received a pop-up "Your iPhone has been compromised. Immediate action required." The only option was "close", of which I clicked and was re-directed to what appeared to be a malicious website with further redeem & download like type links for virus removal. Of course I did not give any information or download anything when I was redirected to the new page. At that time, I opened another webpage and searched what to do & eventually closed all windows, updated from 12.4 to 12.4.1, cleared history & data, all apps, my password, and re-booted. Anything to come of simply clicking close on the pop-up due to instinct :( ? Is there anything I need to do further? I am concerned personal info was stolen or actually compromised. Or perhaps adware and not compromising by any means?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 7:05 PM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2019 7:27 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, thank you for your response. It happened so quick that it is easy to second guess it. Anyway, if remotely compromised which I am under the impression is nearly impossible, would it be known by the user? i.e., VPN profile installed, device management, additional profiles, weird unknown Apple ID purchases, etc. ?

Nothing seems to be out of the norm or alarming at this point just want to make sure I am doing the right checks.

Thanks again!

Safari Pop Ups In - Iphone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.