Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my new Apple earphones keep losing function?

I recently bought some new Apple earphones through Walmart app for $22 and I picked them up. While walking back home eventually through listening to an album it slightly cuts out of the song and I lose control of changing song, or even lower or increase volume. I have to unplug and plug back in, and it keeps happening. Anyone know what it can be? I already cleaned out dock, I have an iPhone X

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 9:51 AM

Since the iPhone X does not have a dedicated headphones port and would require a Lightning to headphone adapter, have you tried another adapter?

If so, then here are, at least, three things you can try since you already attempted to clean the iPhone's Lightning port:

1. Perform a "soft" reset on your iPhone. For an iPhone X, Press and hold both the Side (Power) and either the Volume Up or Down buttons.
  2. Perform a "Reset All Settings" on your iPhone. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  3. Reset your iPhone to its factory default settings. Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (Note: This type of reset will erase all of your phone's data and media and resets all of the iOS default settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup.)

If none of the above work, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 9:51 AM in response to Qekojones

Since the iPhone X does not have a dedicated headphones port and would require a Lightning to headphone adapter, have you tried another adapter?

If so, then here are, at least, three things you can try since you already attempted to clean the iPhone's Lightning port:

1. Perform a "soft" reset on your iPhone. For an iPhone X, Press and hold both the Side (Power) and either the Volume Up or Down buttons.
  2. Perform a "Reset All Settings" on your iPhone. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  3. Reset your iPhone to its factory default settings. Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (Note: This type of reset will erase all of your phone's data and media and resets all of the iOS default settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup.)

If none of the above work, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

Why do my new Apple earphones keep losing function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.