Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off cellular data for iPhone xr

I’m overseas, trying to turn off my cellular data. I’m only seeing option to turn off mobile data. I did so, including tiring off 4g in that section, but still got a phone call from a non iPhone user.

???

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 6:13 AM

Just turning off data won't stop phone calls or regular text messages (sms). Those come through your carrier signal and usually don't cost you any money to receive either of them so long as you are not answering the call or responding to the text message. However, if you want to save yourself some battery life and also stop all phone calls and text messages from arriving unless on wifi, then you should use airplane mode and enable wifi after you turn airplane mode on.

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and ...Apple.com › support › en-us

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 6:13 AM in response to BrennieMc

Just turning off data won't stop phone calls or regular text messages (sms). Those come through your carrier signal and usually don't cost you any money to receive either of them so long as you are not answering the call or responding to the text message. However, if you want to save yourself some battery life and also stop all phone calls and text messages from arriving unless on wifi, then you should use airplane mode and enable wifi after you turn airplane mode on.

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and ...Apple.com › support › en-us

Turning off cellular data for iPhone xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.