Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My device won't let me finish setting up my two-factor authentication. How do I finish setting it up/how do I configure it so I don't keep getting the message that I need to finish setting it up?

Every time I open my laptop, I get the message that I need to finish setting up two-factor authentication. However, every time I try, it asks for my iCloud password but never prompts me for a verification code and just keeps telling me to finish setting up the authentication. Please help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 11:58 AM

I understand you want to set up Two-factor authentication for Apple ID but something is preventing its completion.

Try signing in to your Apple ID account page and determine if it reveals anything helpful. In the end you may need to Contact Support if you can't resolve it on your own.

In case it applies to where you happen to be, two-factor authentication isn't yet available everywhere on Earth: Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 11:58 AM in response to ElleBezz

I understand you want to set up Two-factor authentication for Apple ID but something is preventing its completion.

Try signing in to your Apple ID account page and determine if it reveals anything helpful. In the end you may need to Contact Support if you can't resolve it on your own.

In case it applies to where you happen to be, two-factor authentication isn't yet available everywhere on Earth: Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID

My device won't let me finish setting up my two-factor authentication. How do I finish setting it up/how do I configure it so I don't keep getting the message that I need to finish setting it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.