Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Reception is Poor

My iPhone X has poor Wi-Fi reception, when I am close to the router it works but it loses the signal at about 10 feet from the router, the signal is fine, I can sit next to my wife and she has a good signal but I cannot log on, it is very frustrating, has anyone got any ideas? I would like to find a solution to this problem, if possible, thanks.

Ian

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:48 AM

People get confused but each router must maintain individual connections with each. So one good one doesn’t mean it’s the other device.

How is the WiFi connection from other WiFis? If it’s good then I’d restart your router.

2 replies

Sep 10, 2019 12:46 AM in response to damaag

It is exactly the same with other Wi-Fi signals , it just cannot stay connected after it gets a short way away from the router signal, it is disappointing, but I may have to buy another phone as this one is letting me down, It operates on iOS 12.4.1 and I was hoping it would improve when it updated to the latest iOS but no change, it appears that I have a faulty phone, Thanks Ian

Wi-Fi Reception is Poor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.