Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Signal Strength Issue on my phone

Hello Team,

I have been facing wifi signal strength issue. Even if i move 5 feets away from router, i cannot use my wifi internet. I did reset my network setting, still issue is not fixed. Kindly advice me how to fix this issue.

Note: Even my husband is using iPhone, his phone works well. Only am facing the network problem. So there is no problem with my router.

Thanks

Raji

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 1:30 AM

Privacy Settings

1. Toggle off Location Services. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn it off
  2. Many users find that disabling System Services’ WiFi Networking solves the problem
  3. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > and toggle off WiFi Networking

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

Have you tried forgetting the network and reconnecting for reassigning your IP address from DHCP pool. At times when you move from one network to another the wifi at times does not immediately get hooked on to home wifi. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 1:30 AM in response to raji240

Privacy Settings

1. Toggle off Location Services. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn it off
  2. Many users find that disabling System Services’ WiFi Networking solves the problem
  3. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > and toggle off WiFi Networking

Consider more secure wifi configuration.

Change your router’s WiFi to use WPA2-AES (CCMP) with no WPA or TKIP. Updating this setting ensures that your devices always connect in one encryption mode

1. TKIP is obsolete and not considered secure. Choose WPA2, the latest encryption standard, with AES encryption for optimal security
  2. If your router doesn’t specify TKIP or AES, the WPA2 option probably uses AES

Have you tried forgetting the network and reconnecting for reassigning your IP address from DHCP pool. At times when you move from one network to another the wifi at times does not immediately get hooked on to home wifi. 

Wifi Signal Strength Issue on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.