Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 - Wi-Fi Spotty with Max Signal

I just recently received an iPhone 7 and I'm on the latest iOS13. While connected to Wi-Fi, my signal strength seems to be maxed out; However, I'll use Safari and sometimes the "data bar" seems to stop for a few second before loading while other times it's pretty speedy. Same for the app store but sometimes the app store will pop up "Cannot Connect to App Store" and I'll have to hit the button for a refresh once or twice before it reloads. I have no clue what's going on. I've tried restarting my router and modem with no luck. My cellular data seems to work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:08 AM

Exactly, so I suggest you to bring your iPhone to the nearest Apple Store (when they'll be open after Covid-emergence) to do an Hardware test.

Here's Apple repair service: https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Hope to been helpful.

Cheers

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 26, 2020 11:10 AM in response to Schmooie13

Please perform the following actions and after each one test to see if the problem is resolved - if so then you can omit the following steps - I have tried to list them in order of increasing effort at least on a Mac and / or an iDevice 

Check to see if the problem is isolated to one device and if other devices connect normally -  

If the answer to 1 is "yes" - try to connect the affected device in another location if possible - café or university 

Please see Apple's recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points 

Perform a forced restart - this does not delete or purge any data and troubleshoots many issues - here is how - Hold down the   Off/On and Home buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow normal boot up.

Settings - WiFi - <network name> - Click on forget the network - do a forced restart as per 4 and then add the network again 

If at home - reboot the router by unplugging for 60 seconds from the AC (mains) and then plug it back in - obviously this step cannot       be done in a public place as a café/airport or university. While you are at it - make sure your router is operating on the latest firmware (check manufacturer site) 

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings - remember to have WiFi passwords handy since this erases stored WiFi passwords  

If this is a net new device especially in your home - make sure the router is giving enough DNS numbers to accommodate everything that needs / wants a connection - stuff like the printer, Chromecast get overlooked - ask for details about this if not sure  

Backup the device to iTunes - Restore as NEW (not from backup) using iTunes - see if problem resolves - if yes - restore backup  

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider

Apr 27, 2020 11:02 AM in response to MartinCx

Update: Fixed it. I called Apple Support - they tested my phone. Said it passed all the tests for hardware. Suggested that it could be the router.

I decided to try something. My 5GHz and 2.4GHz were bridging together - some kinda tech my router/modem combo uses. I split the bands so I could connect directly to the 2.4GHz instead of the 5GHz that my iPhone was auto connecting to...BINGO! It has a perfect stable connection now. Maybe the bridging was messing it up? Maybe it just wasn't playing well with my routers 5GHz? Who knows... I just know I fixed it!

iPhone 7 - Wi-Fi Spotty with Max Signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.