Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CD player unrecognized under Mojave

SOME of us STILL receive CDs & DVDs - as I have of X-Ray images. The device 'reacts' when plugged into a USB port but the SYSTEM does not recognize it! It is displayed NOWHERE.

What? Billions of CDs DVDs and Apple has written them off altogether??

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:45 PM

6 replies

Sep 9, 2019 8:19 PM in response to phubert28

phubert28 Said:

"The device 'reacts' when plugged into a USB port but the SYSTEM does not recognize it! It is displayed NOWHERE."

-------

If it is not Displayed, Perform NVRAM/PRAM and SMC Resets:

Sometimes changes are made within the macOS: such changes that things become manipulated, technically. So, perform the following resets, then try this once more, seeing if it is now accessible.

1. Reset your NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and then...

2. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Sep 10, 2019 12:50 AM in response to phubert28

phubert28 wrote:

It won't accept a disc. It responds when plugged into the USB port, then nothing else.

It is possible the drive has failed. If it won't even accept a commercial music CD that would be my guess. It has nothing to do with Mojave. I have a SuperDrive connected to my iMac Pro running 10.14.6 and it works fine. I can also switch it to my 5K iMac, same thing.

Apple CD player unrecognized under Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.