Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMac wireless keyboard suddenly stopped connecting, most of the suggestions require me to access settings only iMac but I am unable to log in so how do I access the iMac settings

my iMac wireless keyboard suddenly stopped connecting, most of the suggestions require me to access settings only iMac but I am unable to log in so how do I access the iMac settings

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 8:59 PM

Please use If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected - Apple Support however you should always have an inexpensive wired keyboard and mouse on hand to help you troubleshoot the problem.

8 replies

Sep 12, 2019 6:04 AM in response to rkaufmann87

my iMac is around 9 years old and I already face another problem where in I have to reset the SMC, this I done by removing the power plug from the mains for sometime and then switching on same. I believe there is no other solution to this issue. Regarding Bluetooth icon, it was definitely missing, I checked the right top end menu bar n could see the Bluetooth icon but it was not highlighted n showed as disconnected. As a last measure I reset my iMac by shutting down the machine n removing the power plug for a few minutes and then plugged it back n switched on the iMac. Luckily it worked n the Bluetooth icon is now highlighted and the Apple cordless keyboard is now working. So for now this issue has been resolved. Do we have any permanent solution for this SMC issue

thanks for all your assistance and guidance

Oct 24, 2019 2:15 PM in response to nitinhardi

Or just forget about imac keyboard and buy a nice gaming keyboard that doesn't really have such problems. There are a lot of cool manufacturers you can choose from, like Corsair or Roccat. If you don't know what models there are, you can check some reviews on https://www.paramountind.com/best-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/ and see for yourself. Not saying mac is bad, I use a mac for work as well, just simple keyboards give you less troubles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.