Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number data not sorting

When I try sort by a particular field nothing happens. I tried selecting "ascending" and "descending" but the still did nothing. I have formatted the entire table as text, I have copied and pasted the data to a new workbook, I have quite and restarted Numbers, but nothing is working. VERY frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 7:12 AM

Hi ctnic,

If you are sorting a table with formulas in it they may not be designed to sort. There might be a brief flash of the sort and then, back to the usual. Could this be the case here? It is possible to design formulas that will sort but we would need to see examples of your table and the formulas in it.

quinn

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 7:12 AM in response to ctnic

Hi ctnic,

If you are sorting a table with formulas in it they may not be designed to sort. There might be a brief flash of the sort and then, back to the usual. Could this be the case here? It is possible to design formulas that will sort but we would need to see examples of your table and the formulas in it.

quinn

Number data not sorting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.