Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted my old apple id

i deleted my old apple id and logged out from app store and itunes. but i cant update my old apps unless i put the old apple id password which is deleted and i cant log out from icloud for the same reason

i tried even deleting everything and reset my iPhone and it needs the old apple id's password

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 1:23 PM

For the app’s, you will need to delete them and re-purchase them with your current AppleID.

As as far as activation lock goes, if you formally requested Apple delete that AppleID and they have completed that, there may be nothing at all they can do to help you remove Activation lock now. As explained when completing the request to delete an AppleID, you must disassociate it by signing out of all services on all devices before it is deleted. After it is deleted, you may find there is nothing that can be done.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.“
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 1:23 PM in response to joww2345

For the app’s, you will need to delete them and re-purchase them with your current AppleID.

As as far as activation lock goes, if you formally requested Apple delete that AppleID and they have completed that, there may be nothing at all they can do to help you remove Activation lock now. As explained when completing the request to delete an AppleID, you must disassociate it by signing out of all services on all devices before it is deleted. After it is deleted, you may find there is nothing that can be done.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.“

Sep 10, 2019 12:33 PM in response to joww2345

If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

deleted my old apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.