Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-iTunes music can’t cannot be played on my iPhone

I have a few old CD albums that I have had on my iTunes for many years that I recently transferred over to my iPhone. The songs from these albums used to play perfectly fine until recently when they became greyed out and I get this “This song is not currently available in your country or region” does anyone have any similar issues/know of a way to get around it? These albums were bought before iTunes existed so it seems stupid that Apple has any right to say they’re not available.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 11:46 AM

See this post on erratic syncing. Although the symptoms are different it seems the same approach can work to clear things up.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 14, 2019 2:14 PM in response to keiran241

I had the same problem with my music. I was chatting with Apple but had my phone still plugged into the computer. It started an auto update that took forever but once it finished, my music was highlighted and played. All the songs on playlists that would not play now play. It used to say "not available in your country". This was all my pre-owned CD music that I personally loaded on Itunes. Try updating your I phone to iOS 13.1.2. Good luck! If that does not work, use apple support via chat and they will figure it out.

Non-iTunes music can’t cannot be played on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.