Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 MacBook pro egpu reboot clamshell mode issues

Just got a new 2019 13in MacBook Pro and rx 590 in a Razer X egpu enclosure. Everything works great with only one annoying issue, whenever I reboot with the egpu plugged in and the mbp in clamshell mode the system appears to go right into sleep mode. In order to continue the reboot I have to open the lid of my mbp until I see the apple logo then the egpu springs to life and my monitors display the log in screen. I'm not sure if this is by design or just a setting that's not allowing the egpu to initialize on reboot. Ive tried plugging/replugging the egpu into the Mac as well as switching the ports its plugged into. In addition an SMC reset but this issue still occurs, any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 1:42 AM

Solved: I was running file vault, disabled file vault and now it boots the egpu and displays picture to the monitors.

Is this a bug or by design?

Similar questions

1 reply

2019 MacBook pro egpu reboot clamshell mode issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.