Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Connection Doctor List is wrong

When I toggle Connection Doctor, I see more than a few mail servers that I once used still in the list. It runs the diagnostic script and always comes up, I suppose as it should, with no connection.

Related, I think, is a SMTP server list, which, when I click to edit, again, shows some servers I no longer make use of, and thought I'd deleted

How can I clean up those server lists?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 6:26 AM

Related, I think, is a SMTP server list, which, when I click to edit, again, shows some servers I no longer make use of, and thought I'd deleted.

In Mail Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings>Outgoing Servers>Edit SMTP Server list, have you highlighted the old ones & clicked on the tiny minus icon?

Is it not saving settings when doing that?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 6:26 AM in response to pcpclafferty

Related, I think, is a SMTP server list, which, when I click to edit, again, shows some servers I no longer make use of, and thought I'd deleted.

In Mail Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings>Outgoing Servers>Edit SMTP Server list, have you highlighted the old ones & clicked on the tiny minus icon?

Is it not saving settings when doing that?

Mail Connection Doctor List is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.