Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail loses the connection

My Mail app loses the connection to the server from time to time, no biggie. But the annoying this is that the Mail app keeps popping up when I work when it looses the connection.

I need to quit Mail and open it from time to time to check my emails and then quit it again. I can't find a way to turn off this functionality. Very annoying, there must be a unix way of solving this in terminal at least.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 5, 2020 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 5:54 AM

haffystyle wrote:

My Mail app loses the connection to the server from time to time, no biggie. But the annoying this is that the Mail app keeps popping up when I work when it looses the connection.
I need to quit Mail and open it from time to time to check my emails and then quit it again. I can't find a way to turn off this functionality. Very annoying, there must be a unix way of solving this in terminal at least.

You do not say who provides your email—this may be the place to start with Support.

Typically if Mail is off line— you will see the warning sign next to the Account— click this warning to reengaged the server

If a mailbox is offline in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 5:54 AM in response to haffystyle

haffystyle wrote:

You do not say who provides your email—this may be the place to start with Support.

Typically if Mail is off line— you will see the warning sign next to the Account— click this warning to reengaged the server

If a mailbox is offline in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

May 10, 2020 11:00 PM in response to leroydouglas

Now I know what provider it is that fu*ks it up. It's two of my three G-mail accounts (as far as I can se anyways, they have the lightning icon when the problem occurs). On of them is my private account and the other one is my work account.

The problem is not that this problem is all the time, the problem is that it occurs from time to time and that is when the Mail window pops - up, right in the middle of work (in the flow).

Mail loses the connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.