Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding a payment method to my account

Wanting to add a payment method to my apple account and each time i try i receive a message that my payment method was declined. Everything is done by the book: the card is accepted as a valid method according to the apple rules for my country, the number and CVV and address are all written exactly as they should, each field is checked. And i've tried another card with the same results. What could be the problem? Each time i try to contact apple through the online support dedicated to apple-ID problems they say something along the lines of: "We're sorry, at the moment we can't process your request. Try again later or choose another option". And i want to mention that i've tried contacting them at least 10 times and tried registering the payment options for at least 20 times.

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:18 AM

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 8:18 AM in response to mircea80

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Sep 12, 2019 11:55 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks!

But i’ve already solved it. Tried a stupid thing, worked like a charm.

I’ve tried to add a payment method on the appleid.apple.com (instead of app store) and here there was another type of error message. It said that the telephone number is not valid (didn’t say nothing about the payment option not being valid). So i’ve tried different telephone numbers with my country area code written in different ways. Nothing! At some point my brother says “Fuck it!” and tries a sham landline phone number (which pretty much nobody has today, so he had to make one up).. And it worked! Wow, after so f*king many days and wasted time trying to do it right, all it took was doing it wrong!

adding a payment method to my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.