Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transcoding media from the timeline?

I've got my 90 minute film all built. I'd recently added a whole bunch of 4K to the original HD cut. So I bumped up the overall project to 2K, to split the difference.

I'd made proxy files for the 4K, but not the HD, which played fine as is. Now I've got 40 compound clips representing the entire film on the single timeline/project. I need to do a lot of tweaking, but the 2K is struggling in playback. So I'm wanting to make proxy files for all the HD on the 2K timeline. Is such a thing possible? Hundreds of shots, so I can't go find them all in the Browser (where I know we can transcode to Proxy). Is there any way to Transcode the clips FROM the timeline?

All ears, Ben

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 12:54 PM

No, but you can do it in the browser. Use the advanced search function Cmd-F. Search for used clips, then narrow the search based on format. Or simply have the browser show only used clips and run transcode. Any clips already transcoded will just be skipped.

Similar questions

3 replies

Transcoding media from the timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.