Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot remember my old iphone passcode

I am being asked to "Update Apple ID Settings". It says some account services will not be available until you sign in again. I click "Continue", I enter my Apple ID Password, press Sign In, I enter my current iPhone Passcode, and then it asks me to Enter my Old Passcode (6 digit passcode). I don't remember my old 6 digit passcode or if I even had one so I click "Forgot iPhone Passcode?" It says I can "Use Other Device" or "Reset Encrypted Data" (which I don't want to do) so I click "Use Other Device". "Approve This iPhone" screen comes up saying go to your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this iPhone. I sign into iCloud on my PC but I don't know what to do next.

Please help!

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 7:12 PM

Hello!

Sounds like you are using Two-Factor ID and there are 1 of 2 things happening:

1). It is asking for the verification code and not the previous passcode: HT202303

2). Most likely it is the Keychain Passcode it is asking for: You will want to click on (Forgot Keychain Passcode) in HT203783 and HT202755 to learn how to reset it.

If still unable to sign in, you will want to go ahead and reach out to Apple Support.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 7:12 PM in response to JDLR80

Hello!

Sounds like you are using Two-Factor ID and there are 1 of 2 things happening:

1). It is asking for the verification code and not the previous passcode: HT202303

2). Most likely it is the Keychain Passcode it is asking for: You will want to click on (Forgot Keychain Passcode) in HT203783 and HT202755 to learn how to reset it.

If still unable to sign in, you will want to go ahead and reach out to Apple Support.

Cheers!

i cannot remember my old iphone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.