Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Old passcode

I have an iPhone 12, I’ve had for about a year. The other day I changed my passcode, before writing it down I forgot my new passcode, so I hooked it up to the computer and apple restored it. This allowed me to make a new passcode which I have written down and it works fine. I I loaded the last backup that I found in iCloud. So now when I log in with my Apple ID it wants my Apple ID, my password, my passcode and then it got the nerve to ask for my old passcode which in my case is the one I forgot. Can anyone please help me to straighten this issue out.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 9:16 AM

JohnnyU444 wrote:

I have an iPhone 12, I’ve had for about a year. The other day I changed my passcode, before writing it down I forgot my new passcode, so I hooked it up to the computer and apple restored it. This allowed me to make a new passcode which I have written down and it works fine. I I loaded the last backup that I found in iCloud. So now when I log in with my Apple ID it wants my Apple ID, my password, my passcode and then it got the nerve to ask for my old passcode which in my case is the one I forgot. Can anyone please help me to straighten this issue out.

You restore the phone as new and not from backup, since you don't know your old passcode. If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 9:16 AM in response to JohnnyU444

JohnnyU444 wrote:

You restore the phone as new and not from backup, since you don't know your old passcode. If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Old passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.