Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No text showing in iTunes 12.10

For the past couple of months my iTunes has been missing it's fonts. I have been hoping that with each Windows 10 update, or iTunes update that it would fix the problem. I've noticed no text or font displaying problems anywhere else on my computer other than iTunes. My hard drive still has 160GB of free space.

1- I have done a full uninstall of iTunes then rebooted and did a fresh new download directly from the Apple website.

2- I've tried reinstalling the fonts for Windows.

3- I've updated my graphics drivers.

4- Windows 10 is fully updated.

5- I've done two virus scans using different anti virus programs and nothing was found.

I've included a picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 6:16 AM

The only way I found to fix this problem was to reset my computer. If you choose to go this method you will have the option to save all of your data/files. The down side is it will uninstall all programs that were not originally installed with Windows. All programs you installed yourself will have to be reinstalled. Windows will create a list of all of the programs it removed and leave it on your desktop so you can find it easily when everything is done. This method takes a long time and once it starts resetting you will not be able to use it until it's done. It can take 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours or even more depending on the speed of your computer.

Here is a link with step by step instructions and some important information on refreshing your computer. BE WARNED! REFRESH IS NOT THE SAME AS RESTORE! Make sure you select REFRESH.

https://newatlas.com/how-to-windows-8-pc-refresh-reset/32801/

Good luck.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 6:16 AM in response to Wiu

The only way I found to fix this problem was to reset my computer. If you choose to go this method you will have the option to save all of your data/files. The down side is it will uninstall all programs that were not originally installed with Windows. All programs you installed yourself will have to be reinstalled. Windows will create a list of all of the programs it removed and leave it on your desktop so you can find it easily when everything is done. This method takes a long time and once it starts resetting you will not be able to use it until it's done. It can take 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours or even more depending on the speed of your computer.

Here is a link with step by step instructions and some important information on refreshing your computer. BE WARNED! REFRESH IS NOT THE SAME AS RESTORE! Make sure you select REFRESH.

https://newatlas.com/how-to-windows-8-pc-refresh-reset/32801/

Good luck.

Sep 16, 2019 11:35 AM in response to AaronWasHere

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 19, 2019 1:30 AM in response to AaronWasHere

I've had this same issue since April. Only difference is, I'm using Windows 8. Sad to hear this is effecting W10 now too. I've not tried rolling back to a previous version or anything as it's ball ache to do and can cause issues from what I read. I figured Apple would of been on it and corrected it in the next update. This has not been the case though. I've had 3 updates since the original issue and still I can't see any text. Makes changing the music on my iPod a nice long winded affair.....

When the issue originally happened I actually rung Apple Support and sent logs etc. He said he would send it to up engineers to trouble shoot and that he would call me back with the results. Never happened though sadly.

Between this and the unnerving rumours that in the long term iTunes will be dissolved for a streaming service, I've stopped buying music from them (not that I can see anything anyway!).

Sep 20, 2019 11:45 AM in response to AaronWasHere

I have exactly same problem. I format my computer and installed only

iTunes. Nothing has changed. I called Apple support. They didn' t have any idea

about problem and solution. But during the conversation they asked my

permission for remote desktop. I accepted. And when they connected to my

computer text were appeared. It was something like a miracle. But unfortunately text

were disappeared again when they disconnected from remote desktop.

Do you have any idea or comment on this? Thanks...

No text showing in iTunes 12.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.