Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes displaying junk characters when I try to verify my billing information? (2)

In an earlier issue this question has been asked:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251038166

I am using the latest version of iTunes and Windows 10 (recently updated).

A kind of definite solution was given to delete a Windows font: C:\Windows\Fonts\HelveticaNeue_0.ttf

This however appears to be no solution at all! HelveticaNeue is not found on my computer. Is another ttf screen font causing the problem? And if so, how do I find out which one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 7:50 AM

Before someone is trying to help, by trial and error I was able to solve the problem myself: that is by removing a complete series from C:/windows/fonts: all Adobe Type 1 Helvetica fonts, not only the TrueType font helveticaNeue_0.ttf, which is suggested before. All helvetica fonts have to be removed!

Now I can read all screens of iTunes again. The only downside is that I can no longer use the Helvetica font in my graphical apps, but you can't have it all in this world of limited compatibility ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 7:50 AM in response to Astro-Piet

Before someone is trying to help, by trial and error I was able to solve the problem myself: that is by removing a complete series from C:/windows/fonts: all Adobe Type 1 Helvetica fonts, not only the TrueType font helveticaNeue_0.ttf, which is suggested before. All helvetica fonts have to be removed!

Now I can read all screens of iTunes again. The only downside is that I can no longer use the Helvetica font in my graphical apps, but you can't have it all in this world of limited compatibility ...

Why is iTunes displaying junk characters when I try to verify my billing information? (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.