Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Version 12.10.0.7 in Windows 10 build 1903 no longer allows devices to sync

Just upgraded to iTunes 12.10.0.7 in Windows 10 build 1903. None of my devices when connected show up in iTunes like they used to. So I cannot back them up or sync them.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 14, 2019 7:22 AM in response to MGL3

Sorry I wasn't more specific. Yes, I've done the https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

All software, both Apple and Microsoft is current.

Restarted both device and desktop.

Yes, my iPhone still is recognized by my laptop with the older, not upgraded iTunes version.

Hoping that when iOS 13 hits the streets this will fix itself. Still, very bad juju for the Apple.

Sep 16, 2019 4:39 PM in response to phrab

Hey phrab, under viewing updates I found:

Driver Updates

Apple, Inc. - USBDevice - 5/7/2018 12:00 AM - 423.36

Successfully installed on 9/14/2019

So it appears to be an old update that was uninstalled somehow and Windows knew it was missing and prompted me to install it. I doubt that I never had it....although I suppose it's possible. Good luck!

Sep 19, 2019 1:41 AM in response to MGL3

I have updated my phone few days ago. yesterday it crushed all sudden. I tried to turned it on but the phone stuck on the apple logo. I went on youtube to see how i could fix the problem <<restoration problem> unfortunately while plugging my phone on itunes it couldnt recognize the devices. I tried to plug my phone with differents cable and nothing has changed since then. I believe that itunes 12.10 has a serious problem that Apple need to fix real quick. By the way I am using an Iphone X.

Sep 25, 2019 3:23 AM in response to MGL3

My symptoms are different. It does sync:

Waiting for sync to start

Preparing to sync

Copying diagnostic information

Syncing contacts

Syncing calendars

Syncing bookmarks

Reading photos from "Pictures"

HOWEVER, the calendar and contact on the iPhone do not really sync with Outlook. The interesting part is Safari bookmarks do sync to Internet Explorer bookmarks.

This is the system I have:

iOS 13.1 on iPhone 7

iTunes 12.10.0.7 in Windows 10 build 1903.

Microsoft Outlook 2013 (15.0.5172.1000) 64-bit.

All this happened after I upgraded to iOS 13.0 and iTune. I suspect it is an iTune problem but cannot be sure.

Any suggestion?

Sep 27, 2019 4:28 PM in response to MGL3

I cannot be certain but, suddenly the communication between iPhone and MS Outlook began working after installing the update: September 26, 2019—KB4517211 (OS Build 18362.387). I can make changes in iPhone and they appear in MS Outlook after Sync. and vice versa. Although there is no mention in improvements and fixes that this issue is addressed.

Oct 8, 2019 6:02 PM in response to Racso22

I updated itunes as an update came out today. No luck. I dont have windows 10 running windows 7. It runs through the sync and contacts sync and Calendar does not... I see there are a few new patched one for Office i can try but nothing for the operating system just security updates. I am going to try them and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the update.

iTunes Version 12.10.0.7 in Windows 10 build 1903 no longer allows devices to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.