Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam on a frozen iPhone

MY PHONE IS FROZEN WITH THIS PHONE NUMBER . I CALLED IT AND THEY ARE FROM TELBAKISTAN (NOT A REAL COUNTRY) BUT THEY ANSER APPLE SUPPORT AND HAD ME GOING FOR A MINUTE. ITS A SCAM. BUT HOW DO I FIX MY PHONE

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 10:19 PM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2019 10:34 AM in response to CHICHIBAILBONDS

Hi CHICHIBAILBONDS,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're seeing a pop-up window in Safari on your iPhone indicating there's an issue with your device. I also see you've called the number and discovered it wasn't Apple Support. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. What you're seeing is likely a phishing attempt: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

In order to stop this appearing in Safari, you'll need to attempt to either close the tab or change the web address:

"Browse open tabs

Tap  to view all your open tabs. Then do any of the following:

• Close a tab: Tap  in the upper-left corner, or swipe left on the tab."

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

"Pop-ups and ads in Safari

If you see an annoying pop-up in Safari, you can go to the Search field and enter a new URL or search term to browse to a new site. If you don’t see the Search field on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the top of the screen to make it appear.

Some popups and ads have fake buttons that resemble the close button, so use caution if you try to close a pop-up or ad. If you're unsure, avoid interacting with the popup or ad and close the Safari window or tab."

How to block pop-ups in Safari

If you're having trouble with either of those steps, you can also clear history and website data from your iPhone: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the alert you're seeing is occurring outside of Safari on your iPhone, please provide the following details:

Where on your iPhone are you seeing this alert?

What is the exact message you see?

Are you able to restart your iPhone?

Best Regards.

Sep 18, 2019 6:32 AM in response to CHICHIBAILBONDS

Had the same issue and found this on another forum. It worked. You have to hole the sleep button down until you see the Apple logo.

For iPhone X, follow these steps:

1. Press only once and release volume up button, then immediately

2. Press only once and release volume down button, then immediately

3. Press power button, and hold till iPhone powers off.

if it does not work for the first time, repeat it, it works.

Note,

If you press the volume up button and power button at once and hold, it

will call 911.. you have to explain it to the operator that this is

fake..

Scam on a frozen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.