Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari crashing plus other problems, on MacBook Pro, mid-2015

I've had my mac for about 2 years, and it is now running Mojave 10.14.6. Recently Safari started freezing during page loads, somewhat randomly. It will work fine and then it quits. The blue line appears near the top of the window and then stalls.

• I've cleared all history and have no extensions.
  • Firefox works, so it's not the internet connection.

In addition the Apple Mail program fails to connect intermittently, MS Word for Mac is taking longer to respond to commands, and the screen is not keeping up with my typing occasionally, even on this website.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 10:41 AM

After you've done what Lexipex suggests, you can run Etrecheck.  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding other problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Page icon in your reply window.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 10:41 AM in response to Lexiepex

After you've done what Lexipex suggests, you can run Etrecheck.  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding other problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Page icon in your reply window.

Sep 16, 2019 12:07 AM in response to RobinNJ200

1- There is no information whether Fitbit can run correctly in Mojave, either uninstall it, or remove it from the Users&Groups-LoginItems and don't run it for a while.

Also remove AirportUtility from the user loginItems: it does not have to run continuously.

2- throw out all internet plugins.

3- uninstall iobit, uninstall dexcom (don't know what this is), uninstall fitbit/lifescan, make sure that all kexts are removed

4- I would uninstall tandemport too, you can always see later if it is really needed and reinstall.

then restart.

safari crashing plus other problems, on MacBook Pro, mid-2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.