Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dcryptedFile.dmg Adobe Flash player

I am suddenly getting decryptedFile.dmg Adobe Flash Player dialog boxes on my computer monitor. My computer is an Early 2008 Mac Pro, Mac Pro 3,1Quad-Core Intel Xeon running OS 10.6.8.

I am able to to delete the .dmg files using Disk Utility but these files continue to show up when my computer is not being used for a period of time.

is this a virus? How do I stop this from happening? Needless to say I do not click on the install button.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 8:14 AM

Thank you for your response, David. I am looking into malware/virus protection as you suggest. Interestingly enough, I ran some TechTool Pro tests, deleted the files identified as corrupt and used the Flash Player uninstall utility to delete Flash Player and and now the problem has cleared up.

Best regards,

Shelley

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 8:14 AM in response to daapple

Thank you for your response, David. I am looking into malware/virus protection as you suggest. Interestingly enough, I ran some TechTool Pro tests, deleted the files identified as corrupt and used the Flash Player uninstall utility to delete Flash Player and and now the problem has cleared up.

Best regards,

Shelley

Sep 16, 2019 8:20 AM in response to Shelley Schreiber

Never download a Flash Player update because a pop-up told you so. There are tons of bogus Flash Player installs out there. They will install malware. Only download updates from Official Adobe Support site or from within System Preferences > Flash Player > Check for updates.

FWIW, almost all reputable sites are now HTML 5 which obviates the need for Flash.

dcryptedFile.dmg Adobe Flash player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.