Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

403 Forbidden - Get Support Error

I can't get into Apple Support.

I keep getting this error: 403 Forbidden - Apple Get Support

The Site: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

Anyone else getting this?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 6:30 PM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 6:30 PM in response to TheLittles

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 14, 2019 10:14 PM in response to Eric Root

Important: iPhone: Wi-Fi Vs. Cell Data:

Eric Root Said:

———-

Nothing of sorts on my Mac nor on my iPhone — Still Performing TM. On the iPhone, the URL is the same, yet cell data goes right through. Thing is, I have no capability of putting my Mac on Cell Data.

So, based on the above specs, it makes sense that “Get Support” would work on the Mac through use of Cell Data (though I obviously would don’t know).

———-

Screenshot of iPhone on Wi-Fi:

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

403 Forbidden Apple

———-

Screenshot of iPhone on Cell Data:

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

Get Support Hello, [User Name] We’re here to help. Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution. Connect by phone, chat, email, and more.

Sep 14, 2019 8:50 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for getting back to me Eric.

In the mean time, I’ve been backing this up (It’s taking a bit). Expect more on this soon, along with the report :)

Copy & Paste — will do.

I contacted Apple, to get this sorted out. I’m using a Public LAN (PLAN) with no Encryption. We created the Admin Users; reset NVRAM and SMC; booted in Safe Mode — still the same issue.

My iPhone gives me same the error. Being on cell data changes all of this.

Screensharing kept cutting out. Sprint is not the Provider (I’m told Sprint disallows screensharing with Apple while on Cell Data — But I use Verizon and got that error also).

So, with Wi-Fi giving the error on the both iPhone, we’ve concluded it’s the Wi-Fi. I’m told to contact the ISP, but where I am, there only a PLAN — which I have not call over.

Go back to normal location and this all might change.

Sep 14, 2019 8:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Updated Reply:

Thank you for getting back to me Eric.

I’ve been backing this up (It’s taking a bit). Expect more on this soon, along with the report :)

Copy & Paste — will do.

No AV software is used not any VPNs.

I contacted Apple, to get this sorted out. I’m using a Public LAN (PLAN) with no Encryption.

We created the Admin Users; reset NVRAM and SMC; booted in Safe Mode — still the same issue. My iPhone gives me same the error. Being on cell data changes all of this.

Screensharing kept cutting out. Sprint is not the Provider (I’m told Sprint disallows screensharing with Apple while on Cell Data — But I use Verizon and got that error also).

I’m told to contact the ISP, but where I am, there only a PLAN — which I have not call over.

So, with Wi-Fi giving the error on both the iPhone and Mac, we’ve concluded it’s the Wi-Fi that’s creating all of this.

If I return back to my normal location, this all might change back to how it was.

In the mean time, I’m going to let this backup proceed.

Expect the report soon.

Sep 15, 2019 11:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Again Eric.

Yes. I am referring to the Etrecheck. I don’t have the report, having the drive gone down. It’s not in my sent folder. There’s no draft. I may not have sent it with that crash. MS Outlook <-Pshhh!

Internet Recovery went through. Right now it’s reinstalling the Mac OS. Reads 5 hours — for me, usually it hustles at about 45 minutes through.

For Note: I still have that error on my iPhone in Wi-Fi, but not in Cell Data. So, it’s the Wi-Fi without a doubt.

I most likely won’t get back on this for a bit. I’ll probably end up taking this in for a Genius Bar Appointment, should the Migration Assistant fail.

Expect a reply in this soon.

—TheLittles

Sep 16, 2019 6:05 AM in response to Eric Root

No. I’m told by Apple to contact the ISP, but where I am, there only a P LAN — which I have not call over. I am not using my own router. So, nothing can be done on my end, for the time being. I'll check this later today, when I get back to my own location, and will reply with an update on where things go from there.

Thanks again Eric 🙂

403 Forbidden - Get Support Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.