Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Lights Turn on at 1%

I have Philips Hue light outdoor lights. They are awesome. My HomeKit Automation turns them on 30 min before sunset.

Inevitably, there is one of the 10 lights that only turns on at 1%. Every day a different light is at 1%. Then, I turn it up to 100%.

Any thoughts?

HomePod

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Some things for you to try

• make sure your software is up to date on your iOS device.
  • Unplug the .hue .bridge for 10 seconds
  • reboot your wifi router

on your iOS device:

1. Go into the Settings app under Privacy > HomeKit.
  2. Toggle to the off position Hue.
  3. Restart your iOS device. (until the Apple logo appears)
  4. Once your device is back online, go back into in the page mentioned above and toggle Hue to the on position.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 12:15 AM in response to colinfromsouthampton

Some things for you to try

• make sure your software is up to date on your iOS device.
  • Unplug the .hue .bridge for 10 seconds
  • reboot your wifi router

on your iOS device:

1. Go into the Settings app under Privacy > HomeKit.
  2. Toggle to the off position Hue.
  3. Restart your iOS device. (until the Apple logo appears)
  4. Once your device is back online, go back into in the page mentioned above and toggle Hue to the on position.

Sep 14, 2019 5:57 PM in response to poleary2000

I tried some Home App scenes and didn’t like them. When they came on, they were all too dim

In the Hue App , each bulb has “power on behaviour” you can set to return to what it was when it went off. This works in power outages but isn’t as good in homekit, I find. Might work for yours though.

EDIT:

It might work better if you create the automations in the Hue App itself

Sep 15, 2019 12:03 AM in response to colinfromsouthampton

I find the Hue app to be a lot more reliable. You’d still be able to use the home app from your iOS device, it will all sync from the Hue app to the home app. Just saying it's better for setting it all up. It actually tells you if it’s not syncing on something. A little notification pops up on the Hue app saying there’s a mismatch and would you like to update it, you click yes and viola it’s all fixed

in the Hue App - settings - in iOS Automation- Siri Homekit

HomeKit Lights Turn on at 1%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.