Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit automation not working correctly.

I have an automation event to run a scene at sunset. The scene turns on a Philips Hue light at 60%. Later at 11p, another automation runs a different scene that turns on the light at 30%. A third automation turns off the light at sunrise.

When I check it the next evening, the light is on at 30% after sunset, not 60%. I’ve tested the scenes separately and they all work correctly.

I’ve tried running the automation setting the lamp intensity directly without using a scene but get the same result. It seems as though it is turning the light on at the last used 30% intensity instead of the set 60% intensity at sunset. I’ve deleted the scenes and the automations and recreated them, but the automation always turns on the light at the 30% level at sunset.

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:36 PM

Turns out I had a sunset automation for the same bulb at 30% in the Philips Hue app which must have consistently run after the HomeKit automation. I’ll check it tomorrow now that I’ve deleted the automation in the Hue app.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 12, 2022 2:10 PM in response to CPW

Hello CPW,

Make sure that all devices and apps are up-to-date including your iOS version and Philips app. If you do not have the Philips Hue app, install that on your iPhone.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Then, restart your iPhone and Philips Hue bridge. On iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Home and iCloud Keychain. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Home and iCloud Keychain. Reference Set up iCloud Keychain if needed.

Take care.

Mar 12, 2022 2:46 PM in response to faith185

All my software is up to date and I have always had the Philips Hue app installed. And my iCloud settings are correct per your reply.

I’m testing something today. I ran the scene to turn on the bulb at 60%, then turned it off.

If, when the sunset automation runs, it turns on the bulb at 60%, then it would appear that that automation turns the bulb on at the last active intensity. If not, it would seem to be a bug.

All my other automations work fine, but are simple on/off functions, not dimmed.

HomeKit automation not working correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.