Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Not Working

Hello there,

I was wondering whether you guys have the same experience:

I recently got my Apple Card and have been using it since then via Apple Pay. However, something weird is that the Apple Pay works perfectly fine at Market A, but won't work at Market B, with my iPhone showing something like "the payment can not complete". I did some troubleshooting:

a) I tried Apple Pay but with a different visa card at place B, and it worked fine.

b) I tired my physical Apple card because I was wondering if it's because place B doesn't accept Mastercard, but it worked. So Mastercard is accepted.

So now I think it's the issue of the combination of "Apple Card + Apple Pay + Place B". I really want to use Apple Pay instead of physical card as it gives me 2% cash back instead of 1%.

Is there any suggestion on how to make things work? Most info I found online are about some other credit cards, and requires removal and re-add of the card; not sure how that works with Apple Card.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:15 PM

Hi, open Wallet app>tap on Apple Card>tap on the three dots in the top right corner>tap on the messages icon>ask them for help. https://www.apple.com/105/media/us/apple-card/2019/6006d988_d2ba_48fc_89c0_acd104a28a52/films/how-to/get-support/apple-card-get-support-tpl-cc-us-2019_1280x720h.mp4

3 replies

Apple Card Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.