Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated e-mail signatures in iOS Mail app

Hi everyone,

I noticed that my iPhone was duplicating my e-mail signatures. In other words, I'd see from 2 to many copies of signatures at the bottom of my e-mails. I had multiple rich text signatures set up for different e-mail accounts, and I'd see several different ones sometimes. This post seemed the best previous post addressing this: duplicate repeating signature / ios 9 - Apple Community

For me, I noticed that if I changed the sending account (each of which had an associated signature, some of which were identical), it would just tack on that signature. Other users in other threads reported it happened with switching to and from other apps; I didn't test this.

I thought I'd repost this, since the issue still seems to be occurring for some users years later, with a slightly updated, one step simpler solution:

1. Delete signature(s) from Settings>Mail>Signature
  2. Close both Settings and Mail apps
  3. Re-create signatures

No need to reboot the device.

I'm not sure what causes the issue, but I noticed it on an iPhone SE running iOS 12.4.1. Seems to be completely resolved after the above.

I hope that helps someone!

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 11:36 AM

There are no replies.

Duplicated e-mail signatures in iOS Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.