Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WTF seriously.

OK so I just recorded drums, 16 channels all clean. no plugins, no flex mode nothing. dry channel straight from my XR18 (Midas edition) right into logic.

when im done I save the file... agin nothing special jsut saved as a folder to a place on my HD.

when I open the file back up all of the tracks I have recorded are now showing up with the little loop symbol on them. The Screen (when playing) isn't lining up the audio (meaning when the playhead isn't on the snare hit when you hear the snare hit for example) and even some of the audio sounds odd, stretched almost.

if I turn on flex mode all the of tracks shrink and double if not TRIPPLE in speed. can ANYONE tell me why this is happening? its done this to me with drums, guitar, bass etc... and it seems to be random. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

thanks

JIM

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 3:26 PM

Similar questions

18 replies

Sep 20, 2019 1:49 PM in response to Indyuser

Here's a screen shot. I recorded 10 takes of drums no overdubs. saved the file, then re-opened it immediately. this is what happens. if I turn on flex mode at this time all the loops will shrink drastically and speed up unless I gram them and stretch them back out. But that causes the audio to sound all messed up.

is there some where can download 10.4.4 from apple? when I search all I come up with is Torrent downloads and I own software, I don't steal it.

Sep 20, 2019 2:49 AM in response to BlueCollarJim

“when im done I save the file... agin nothing special jsut saved as a folder”

Do you save the project with which the 16 tracks are in - is that what you’re doing and actually mean?

abd then you open the project again and it’s all wrong as you describe?

your HD folder is what exactly? Not a symbolic cloud folder?

Im sure you’ve gone through all this but just in case

I went back to 10.4.4 too. Far better for me and my workflow.

Sep 22, 2019 3:50 PM in response to Pancenter

ya im not going to set all of my systems back at this point just to fix an issue with Logic. i have managed a workaround and hope they can get this addresses in an update. What would be nice is if i could actually bring this issue up with a developer FOR APPLE and not just a community of people guessing on how to fix it.

that being said, thanks everyone for replying.

Sep 23, 2019 3:35 AM in response to Pancenter

The flex issue is likely due to tempo information be included inside the files

select all the regions - tempo-> remove tempo

then turn

on flex (files will adjust)

right click on al selected regions and choose reset all flex markers (automatic and manual)

regions should now not change when flex is turned on and off

if you want to send project for other issue analysis - send to logicprose@icloud .com

Sep 23, 2019 2:41 PM in response to Indyuser

ok so that's confusing.

i recorded raw audio, no flex, no timing adjustment. A tempo was set to the project so i could use a click when recording but thats it. now when i save the project and re-open it (again no flex or anything is on) all the tracked audio comes up with little loop symbols on them. why would logic change the tempo information within the file? if i have the tempo set to 200 then i record at that tempo and save the file at that tempo having never turned flex on.. why is logic now changing things? even when i open the file the tempo is still set correct... is there a setting i need to turn off to stop this from happening? why doesn't it just record at the tempo i recorded at and leave the files alone?

WTF seriously.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.