Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone not working in Windows 10

I have an iMac 16,2 running High Sierra (late 2015, retina 4K 21.5") and I installed Windows 10 with BootCamp installer.

The microphone has never worked I can't find the microphone in Device Manager to check if the proper driver(s) is installed. I ran the troubleshooter to find the problem and it states that the headphones are connected. How do the headphones affect the microphone. I cannot find the driver for the microphone in my BootCamp Windows Support software that I downloaded to my USB drive. How can I solve this please?

I want to mention that I had some issues with sound output which worked on and off between start ups.

Thank-you in advance

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 10:09 AM

Hello Lone T,

Thanks for all your information and help. I solved the no sound and no microphone problems buy finding the correct drivers for my audio devices. I had downloaded two Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 129) drivers. Now, my audio drivers work fine.

The last problem I have is that the keyboard and magic mouse do not wake my iMac 16,2 when it is in sleep mode while running Windwos. Everything works fine when my iMac runs its native macOS High Sierra.

Windows support were of no help buy the way.

Kind regards,

Dino

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 10:09 AM in response to Loner T

Hello Lone T,

Thanks for all your information and help. I solved the no sound and no microphone problems buy finding the correct drivers for my audio devices. I had downloaded two Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 129) drivers. Now, my audio drivers work fine.

The last problem I have is that the keyboard and magic mouse do not wake my iMac 16,2 when it is in sleep mode while running Windwos. Everything works fine when my iMac runs its native macOS High Sierra.

Windows support were of no help buy the way.

Kind regards,

Dino

Sep 16, 2019 3:28 PM in response to Loner T

Hello Loner T,

Yes, I do. Actually, I have two of audio devices:

1 - Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) under Audio inputs and outputs

2 - High Definition Audio Device under Sound, video and game controller.

Buy the way, I have no sound now since I booted up in Windows. Before I was working in macOS (High Sierra 10.13.6). It seems that the drivers work sometimes.

Thanks

Microphone not working in Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.