Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message forwarding (SMS/MMS) in messages suddenly not working in iOS 10

I recently, under counsel from a knowledgeable Apple-phile, re-set and re-loaded my iPhone 5 (iOS maxed out at iOS 10) after it started re-booting quite frequently while in use (too many interrupts?). Now the ability to use SMS/MMS to text others from my Mac and iPad are gone away. The Apple "fix-it" here says to go to my iPhone under settings for Messages and select text forwarding. That setting no longer exists in my iPhone, and certainly used to. What happened?

I'm sure it's one of those "simple" things ... just no sure what it is, and I need help, because it's extremely useful and one of the things I've loved about being in the Appleverse.

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 10:50 PM

Gee. I followed a suggestion from another thread and turned off LTE then turned it back on again, and turned on Data Roaming and then turned it on again, and now the text message forwarding works for my devices. Weird.

I hate voodoo fixes. ("touch your left little finger to your right elbow while your right index finger is in your left ear, then balance on each leg for five seconds each -- your problem should be solved" -- ugh!)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 10:50 PM in response to bseegmiller

Gee. I followed a suggestion from another thread and turned off LTE then turned it back on again, and turned on Data Roaming and then turned it on again, and now the text message forwarding works for my devices. Weird.

I hate voodoo fixes. ("touch your left little finger to your right elbow while your right index finger is in your left ear, then balance on each leg for five seconds each -- your problem should be solved" -- ugh!)

Text message forwarding (SMS/MMS) in messages suddenly not working in iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.