Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Forwarding (From ipad to iphone to recipient)

Hi, I'm having issues with text message forwarding (when you send an SMS to a non-imessage user from your ipad/mac, and it goes through your phone). I can find articles on this directing me to the settings menu > imessage menu but the "text forwarding" option is missing entirely. Did an update remove this feature? How can I re-enable it? Currently all texts send with a 100% fail rate from my ipad and it refuses to work.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:13 AM

5 replies

Nov 23, 2020 10:18 AM in response to Jaytee3312

You must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Text Message Forwarding (From ipad to iphone to recipient)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.