Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching from apple ID

Hi Guys,

Recently I switched from Apple ID. I made a new Apple ID and deleted my old one, since i received a lot of malware/phishing and other bad emails. I logged off my old one and logged in with my new Apple ID at all my devices. However, it turns out now that I am not able to update the apps that I have installed with my previous Apple ID anymore.

Apple support advised me to manually reinstall all the apps so that they are downloaded under my new Apple ID credentials. Besides that this would take ages for all my 100+ installed apps, all of my app data will be deleted. Do you guys know any other possibilities?

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 5:02 AM

If it wasn't an Apple domain email address you could have just changed the primary email address on it instead of getting the whole account deleted.

For what you now do, that is your only option. All downloads are permanently tied to the account that downloaded them, only that account can download updates to its app, do in-app purchases, authorise its music etc. on a computer's iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 5:02 AM in response to Karst-on

If it wasn't an Apple domain email address you could have just changed the primary email address on it instead of getting the whole account deleted.

For what you now do, that is your only option. All downloads are permanently tied to the account that downloaded them, only that account can download updates to its app, do in-app purchases, authorise its music etc. on a computer's iTunes.

Switching from apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.