Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a text message saying this is your “Apple verification code”

I keep getting a text message saying this is your “apple verification code” on my cell phone. I’m not trying to sign into my account on another phone or anything. This made me think someone is trying to log into my account so I changed my password. Should I be worried? What do y’all think is going on?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 7:34 AM

Hello!

If you already changed your password then you should have already resolved the problem and should not have to be worried. I would ensure that you are using very secure passwords that are not easy to crack. Check out the link below for more security information about how to keep your Apple account secure.

Security and your Apple ID: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

Let me know if this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 7:34 AM in response to MarissaL99

Hello!

If you already changed your password then you should have already resolved the problem and should not have to be worried. I would ensure that you are using very secure passwords that are not easy to crack. Check out the link below for more security information about how to keep your Apple account secure.

Security and your Apple ID: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

Let me know if this helps!

Sep 17, 2019 7:25 AM in response to MarissaL99

Normally, that is caused by someone trying to sign into your ID. Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, unless they gain access to one of your trusted devices, they won't be able to sign in. You should be okay.

If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

I keep getting a text message saying this is your “Apple verification code”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.