Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple verification code

A few weeks earlier a received a message from Apple sending me a verification code randomly even though nobody else knows my apple ID. I changed my password just to be safe. And today I received two more messages sending me verification codes. Should I keep changing my password or is this just some kind of spam?

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 4:14 PM

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on your account, even if someone is trying to sign into your Apple ID, unless they have access to one of your trusted devices, they can't sign in because they can't get the verification code required to sign in.

6 replies

Apr 8, 2020 4:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root wrote:

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on your account, even if someone is trying to sign into your Apple ID, unless they have access to one of your trusted devices, they can't sign in because they can't get the verification code required to sign in.

Caveat: there are folks which will present web pages that ask for the login info and the verification code, or that will claim you have their old telephone number and that they need to send you a verification code, etc...

Apple verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.