Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do when my screen begins to pull away from the metal case?

I wonder if it can pull off completely.. it works okay now unless I accidentally push in where it bows out in the middle. Then whatever I’m doing is either undone or is temporarily hidden and some other random page appears.

I’d hope that I would receive an immediate refurbished replacement od exactly the same model. I hate the new models’ insistence on Bluetooth earbuds since I use my wired ones literally 24/7 (music, audiobooks, YouTube

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 2:34 PM

You have a couple of options. One is to pay for Apple's repair. I don't know what they'll charge for it, but maybe it's just the battery replacement fee if everything else is repairable. For battery replacements, the exchanged device is always dissembled and re-glued anyways with a new battery.

If you're OK with any kind of 3rd party repair then I'm sure there might be some shop that would clean it up and glue it back in place. However, that generally results in loss in service from Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 2:34 PM in response to barnettart59

You have a couple of options. One is to pay for Apple's repair. I don't know what they'll charge for it, but maybe it's just the battery replacement fee if everything else is repairable. For battery replacements, the exchanged device is always dissembled and re-glued anyways with a new battery.

If you're OK with any kind of 3rd party repair then I'm sure there might be some shop that would clean it up and glue it back in place. However, that generally results in loss in service from Apple.

What do I do when my screen begins to pull away from the metal case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.