Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I prove to someone that I accidentally turned of my cellular data for a while on a certain day? Would doing this have deleted my location history?

How can I prove to someone that I accidentally turned of my cellular data for a while on a certain day? Would doing this have deleted my location history?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:31 PM

Disabling cellular data connection will limit most normal data transfer both to and from your device to other sources such as WiFi internet connection and Bluetooth. It will disable the device’s realtime GPS location although it should send a beacon at its last known location before losing connection. Disabling cellular data connection, however, will never delete any files automatically. Any data regarding significant locations will still be stored by the iOS and available to the user.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 11:31 PM in response to MissNisee

Disabling cellular data connection will limit most normal data transfer both to and from your device to other sources such as WiFi internet connection and Bluetooth. It will disable the device’s realtime GPS location although it should send a beacon at its last known location before losing connection. Disabling cellular data connection, however, will never delete any files automatically. Any data regarding significant locations will still be stored by the iOS and available to the user.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.