Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume when using MacBook Pro 2019 with external monitor not working

I am trying to use my external monitor. It is working ok it flickers but I can put up with that. What's wrong is when playing a video there is no sound. On the MBP the volume buttons gray out. Please tell me there is a way to fix this. NOOOOOOO I will not go out and buy yet another monitor ifn you're gonna say it has to be apple. So hoping someone out there can help me on how to set volume with external monitor on macbook pro 2019

TIA

Luey

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 6:55 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Sep 20, 2019 7:39 PM in response to lueyd3

leuyd3 Said:

On the MBP the volume buttons gray out.

———-

A. Reveal Your Installed Audio Devices:

If Nothing is revealed then fix the missing macOS Files. You can do so by either:

B. Set Up a Genius Bar Appointment. You would take your Mac, along with the adapter, the monitor and all else to your Local Apple Store. There, the audio and all other necessities would be looked at. These are third party items. So, contact Apple, and see if this is an option. Contacting Apple:

Volume when using MacBook Pro 2019 with external monitor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.