Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 6 Reminders Sync Issue

Just upgraded iPhone XS to iOS 13 and upgraded Reminders. Sync is working between iPhone and iCloud but Watch Series 4 running watchOS 6 is NOT syncing. Anyone else? Any ideas?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:51 PM

Similar questions

22 replies

Sep 20, 2019 2:59 PM in response to Steve@Clearpath

Same with me - I first noticed it when I used Siri on the AW to add a reminder and, although the interface looked new, it was adding them to a different list. Then realized that it looked like my "old" (pre-upgrade) list. After trying a bunch of things, I unpaired and reset the watch completely. Now it's showing a list called "new list" with a number of items which I believe is what was left on my reminders list before I upgraded and they all disappeared. So it's almost like the watch is still syncing with the old list, though it's gone from my Mac and my iPhone...

Sep 22, 2019 2:22 PM in response to Steve@Clearpath

Same issue. Reminders were not being synced at all. In fact I could not even add a Reminder on the AppleWatch.

Un-Pair Apple Watch from iPhone. Careful to keep cellular plan if applicable.

Re-Pair Apple Watch and setup as a new Apple Watch. Yes, you will loose any customizations that you have done to Apple Watch.

You will also need to add all your Apple Pay Cards back to your AppleWatch.

After this my AppleWatch Reminders synced without issue.

Not something I would do ever day but bearable.

This whole process takes about 1 hour with AppleWatch 4.

Oct 19, 2019 8:53 AM in response to Aeroscout6

Yes. I avoided re-pairing and hoped that updates would take care of it. They didn't. Ultimately repaired and it's working now. BTW, re-pairing was not as painful as I had remembered. The backup created when I separated the Watch worked and the when I re-paired nearly everything came back as before AND Reminders were syncing.

Hope that helps.

Nov 14, 2019 8:10 PM in response to Steve@Clearpath

Similar issue. In my case the reminders sync and display correctly hen i use the side button and click on Reminders app. But when i try the samw with Siri on my watch and ask to display one of my lists, it displays ALL the reminders in all lists. It says it is displaying the one list only but actually displays all reminders in all lists. I have tried every one ofthe suggestions here and spent 2 hours on the chat and telephone with Apple Support. So far no resolution. I am convinced this is a bug and we will have to wait for a fix. I have a follow up call with App,e to orrow and will update this post if I get any luck or plan forward.

Dec 21, 2019 5:34 PM in response to Steve@Clearpath

I am having problems also. Since I use reminders to remind me to take medications on time, this failure is important and frustrating. I’d say that reminders work about 2/3 of the time randomly. That is, it’s not always the same ones that aren’t synced/displayed on my watch. The other thing that has happened randomly is that when I mark a reminder as completed on my watch, it is slow to respond and often non responding or late (hours later) responding in iOS. Finally, I have also had a random occurrence of a reminder marked as completed a short time later the reminder notification begins showing on the watch in an infinite loop. Most of the time I have had to restart the watch, although the other day it started as I was getting my coffee and by the time I had doctored the coffee it had stopped. So far the new reminders app is a downgrade as far as I am concerned.

Apple Watch 3, iPad Air 2, iPhone 8

WatchOS 6 Reminders Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.