Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch reminders do not sync

My Apple Watch series 5, running WatchOS 6 will not sync with iCloud. My iPhone 11, and all my Macs running Catalina are all synced properly. I notice that the watch does not even have a way to create a new reminder from the watch. It's as if the watch is in a perpetual state of attempting to sync but never actually completing.

I have tried unpairing and repairing with my iPhone.

I have tried turning off reminders from iCloud on the iPhone and turning off both devices, then turning them back on again, and turning reminders back on from iCloud (meaning. Settings -> iCloud -> Reminders on the phone).

I've also noticed that when the phone is not set to use reminders from the cloud that my watch and phone will sync with each other without problems. So it's not a connectivity issue.

I'm unsure what to do next.

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 8:46 PM

At some point, maybe three days... (DAYS!) after I had pushed the "Reset Sync Data" button from the Watch app my reminders showed up on my watch. I guess my intuition about it looking like it was still trying to sync was correct. I can't believe it took that long. Apple, at least put some kind of indication that the watch is trying to do something.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 8:46 PM in response to Warblade

At some point, maybe three days... (DAYS!) after I had pushed the "Reset Sync Data" button from the Watch app my reminders showed up on my watch. I guess my intuition about it looking like it was still trying to sync was correct. I can't believe it took that long. Apple, at least put some kind of indication that the watch is trying to do something.

Apple Watch reminders do not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.