Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Connect to FaceTime

Whenever I am trying to log into my FaceTime in my MacBook Air or my iPhone using my Apple ID, it is showing an error that this account has no reachable addresses. I have went through my id and have 2 email ids and one phone number as reachable addresses.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 8:10 PM

I solved this issue on my MacBook. What I had done:

1. Turn automatic time and timezone off and on
  2. Recreate the Automatic location: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202480
  3. Restart the computer. After that I succeeded to log into FaceTime and iMessage.

I don't know which step or combination of steps fixed the problem.

29 replies

Sep 20, 2019 5:27 PM in response to ayush1707

Hi ayush1707,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having trouble signing in to FaceTime on your MacBook Air and your iPhone and you're seeing an error regarding a reachable address. I know it's important to be able to sign in and use FaceTime on your devices; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with the steps in the resources below:

Should you continue to have trouble on either device, reach out to Apple for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Dec 27, 2019 3:49 AM in response to ayush1707

Nothing is working to get FaceTime and Messaging App working in my MacBook Air. Its is really horrible to have invested 2 Hours to just try all trial and errors!!

Whenever I am trying to log into my FaceTime in my MacBook Air using my Apple ID, it is showing an error that this account has no reachable addresses. I have went through my id done all possible changes, added address, payment method and one phone number as reachable addresses.

Mar 9, 2020 9:06 AM in response to ayush1707

I finally solved the problem.

I went on the Apple website https://support.apple.com/apple-id and then on "Tell us how we can help" section to get support.

Then I clicked on iCloud, FaceTime and Messages and they made me choose how I wanted to reach the support.

They called me in under 2 minutes.

I explained the problem which was that FaceTime and iMessage were working fine on my iPhone 8, but there was no way I could log in on my iPad Air 2019, nor on my MacBook Air.

On my iPad there was just an error message every time I tried to log in (in the settings pressing the enter key on the keyboard, or directly on the app), on my MacBook the message said I had no reachable account (I had 5 email IDs and a phone number as reachable addresses).

After sharing my iPad screen with the Apple Support they made me do all those standard and useless procedures I tried before like restarting my iPad and check if I had installed the latest version of iPad OS, which I had.

Obviously nothing worked.

Then the operator told me he would try something different, I had to confirm my identity using my iPhone and he put my call on waiting. I had to wait for like 5-10 minutes, then he told me to try again and it magically worked.

He said something like "your account was blocked because you made too many log in tries" and that they can unblock it just one time (which they just did).

After that I tried to log in on my MacBook Air as well and it perfectly worked.

Instead of spending so much time trying to solve it on my own changing date&time, location... I should have just called the support because there was no way I could solve it myself, they had to unblock it manually.

I hope this helps.

Jun 4, 2020 1:48 PM in response to pernillo97

Hi,

This is an issue that has been seen before

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7635565?answerId=30527944022#30527944022

After trying several things such as possibly deleting some .plists and resetting the NVRAM the only answer is to Contact Apple Support.

As pernillo97 says the person on the Apple Support desk maybe able to do the resetting of the server.

As I note in the older link the First Level person you speak to may not have that permission and you may have to politely ask to get moved up the chain and specifically prompt them to look at the server info for your account.

Ralph

Oct 15, 2019 6:58 AM in response to ayush1707

I had this question too. But based on other issues and their solutions I have encountered with Catalina (I don't know if Catalina is the cause), I restarted the computer and tried to login again to FaceTime and was successful.

Had this not been successful, I would have logged out of the computer completely, restarted, and then re-logged into the computer and then FaceTime. This solved other issues with login in Catalina.

I am NOT logged into FaceTime on any of my other devices as I don't use FaceTime at all.

Nov 13, 2019 5:48 AM in response to piyush247

I have the same issue on MacOS Catalina on my iMac, previously worked ok with macOS Mojave. My iPhone X and iPad 6th Gen work fine.

I also had issues with signing into Apple TV and music and podcasts (which I have managed to rectify) via Terminal

Surely Apple know about this issue.

Are there any fixes yet.

Jun 4, 2020 9:37 AM in response to ayush1707

I was successful one time to log onto FaceTime before my Mini Mac automatically updated to Catalina. Since then, I now get the dreaded " have no reachable addresses". I have researched answers from many sources but have found no solution yet. I have changed by AppleID, verified the email address in my reachable window and all the other suggestions I found on line.

In addition, occasionally I have seen an advisory on power up that my gmail account is not accessible to iCloud.

I have run out of ideas. Can you please help?

Cannot Connect to FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.