Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone-Ipad open box fee

Hello, im really in the mood to get a new iphone trying a new model. But I read That there is a charge for returning the iphone even on the 14 days window.(See picture).. so if I bought a $1,000 dollar phone and return it in less than 14 days I get charged $250 because the box is open... Is this true??

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:08 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2019 3:49 PM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:
I'm not sure where you found that but it does not agree with either of the following:
Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple
or
Apple - Legal - Sales Policies - U.S. Retail Sales

I dug around for it, and it might apply in other countries. This for Singapore (it's in the lower right corner):

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Business - Apple (SG)
iPhone/iPad return policy
If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone/iPad purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone/iPad to the Apple Online Store within 14 calendar days from the time you receive your iPhone(s)/iPad(s) for a refund. A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). Please visit online Order Status or call 1800-MY-APPLE to request a return. The iPhone/iPad must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

Iphone-Ipad open box fee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.